Back to work, back to life.

June 19, 2015

My one month surgaversery has come and gone,
which offically means,
its time to go back to work. 

I work at the kind of job where you meet lots of people,
and you stand on your feet for 8 hours a day.
After being in bed for a month, I would be lying if I didn't say that I sometimes feel like this:
But its so great to be back to work and back to "normal" life.

Last week I had a really great visit with the nurse from my surgeons office.
I expressed my conserns about the "stall" in my weighloss for the last two weeks.
She assured me that "I was doing great" to "stick with it" and "be patient"
but my favorite part was that she said
"This is normal".
What? Even with WLS you can hit plateaus?
#thingsIwishtheywould'vesaidbefore
She told me to think of my weightloss as more of a stair case downward than a hill.
I will loose some, stall while my body is figuring it all out,
then loose some, then stall,
then loose and so on.
This brought me a lot of comfort.
I had felt like I was being so careful and not seeing the results that I wanted.
So, just like with everything else in this world,
Lexi's gotta learn more patience.

About a month and a half out updates: 
-I have cut out fruit and as many carbs as possible.
#scarytrue
The nurse mentioned that I might have "jumped the gun" introducing fruits to my diet, thus, causing plateau.
And so, I mostly eat protien, veggies, and dairy (cheeeese).

-My new favorite thing is bruchetta and feta omlettes for breakfast
(or as my youngest brother calls it- Stinky cheese omlette)


-I have officially signed up for my first voluntery 5k.
And, of coarse, its right up my diagon alley:
(smirks at my own wit)
I figure it will be a great thing for me to look forward too and work towards a exercise goal.
You know, to get my butt to the gym.
I have been training using the nifty Couch to 5k app,
and it me to listen and jog to this playlist
If you are interested in joining me, sign up here.
(It's in August so you have plenty of time)

-My new phone wallpaper reminds me to not accept mediocraty:
-It's like target GETS me: 
#hearhear


And then there is this: 


P.S. Thanks again for all the love and support! I've come to realize how many people are interested in this journey, and how many questions you might have. I'd love to have an entire post answering your questions, so leave a comment below, or message any questions about weight loss surgery you might have. xoxo

Post a Comment