These are a few of my favorite things {June 2015}

July 3, 2015

One of my favorite things is to watch girls on YouTube publish monthly videos of their monthly favorites. They always give me a good idea as to products I should try and things that I might like, so I figure, why not do the same thing here? 
We all could use some favorite things in our lives! 
We all could be healtheir!
So I would like to formally intoduce to you the series:
My Favorite Things- Monthly Favorites 
I will try to keep the focus on things that are WLS related, or things that motivate me to keep moving,
but sometimes I might throw in a couple "randoms"
Its my blog, and I'll write what I want to.

So without further ado, June 2015's favorite things:



-Mio Strawberry Pineapple

Because if I'm not drinking Diet Coke (aka. BAE) then I gotta get my caffine somewhere,
 #amiright?
Found at most major grocery stores
-Having a routine
-Dollar tree cups
These little puppies are my go-to all day, every day. 
I still struggle getting my water in everyday, but I've found drinking ice water from a straw 
(usually with the MIO or Crystal Light drops) help keep me sippin'. 
Plus, they are litterally a dollar at Dollar tree, so if you lose one, who even cares? 
Found at Dollar Tree

-Couch to 5k app
I've talked about this app before, but I am honestly LOVING it.
It's seriously the only thing that can get me to get on the treadmill some days.
It's motivating because I honestly feel accomplished seeing myself improve and I don't get overwhelmed in the first few days thinking that I will never be able to finish.
Basically: ITS DO-ABLE
Totally recommended for any "Non-runner" hoping to get into shape.
Feel free to pair with your favorite playlist. Here's mine.
Available for Android and Apple

-"Stinky cheese omlettes"
(As named by my youngest brother, not me)
Picture one: Mix one egg into frying pan and begin cooking "omlette style"
Picture two: add freshly crumbled feta cheese to begin melting on one half
Picture three: Add Salsa (Mine is a very yummy mix I found at the farmers market that includes tomatoes, basil, garlic, and onion- similar to bruchetta found here) add a little more feta cheese to melt.
Picture four: Fold over omlette, flip, and allow cheese to melt.

 *Note: I can rarely finish this entire omlette, but it tastes so good that I can't stop making it.


-Cooked Shrimp with cocktail sauce
 I usually can only eat about 5 with sauce for lunch, but its a great way for me to get some extra protien in, and its super easy-all I have to do is defrost!

-Costa Vida salads without rice, tortilla, or chips + extra meat
 With the extra portion of meat, the "small salad" is a great dinner that usually lasts me about two days. The beans, and meat choice are great to get that extra protien in, and it just tastes so dang good. I'm really lucky that I can tolerate lettuce, because I know that many that have had WLS can't- especially this early on.


-Beef Jerky
A great snack choice when I am needing some extra protien (ok, like every single day) and I can keep it in my purse or bag to carry around with me. Nice to have non-refridgerated options. 

-The Sweaty Betty Instagram page (HUUUGE inspiration)
Ok so there are LOTS of new WLS girls that I have started to follow on Instagram, and I am SO glad I found them. They really just motivate me to become better every single day and they give me the inspiration I need so badly when I feel like giving up. There are multiple girls I could share with you, but I figure I will pick one "favorite" a month. This month is Betty from @thesweatybetty. She posts multiple times a day and always keeps it so real and so motivational. Even if you aren't a WLS patient, but are looking for some healthy (not obsessive) motivation on your Instagram feed, look her up.
This could almost count as a #wcw.


What were some of your favorites from June?
Also, feel free to add me:
tumblr
Myfitnesspal
fitbit

Post a Comment