Night before surgery

May 3, 2015

Tomorrow's the big day!
I can't believe it's already here!


People keep asking if I'm nervous, 
but I'm not! 
Not even close!
I'm excited! 
My life is changing.

I mean, I get that this is a really big deal,
and a pretty serious surgery,
but I also feel like I've waited a long time for this.
I'm just so excited that it's finally happening. 

I know that it's going to be hard,
especially the next couple of days.
I also know that I am maybe a little bit too optimistic,
meaning that I am maybe not accepting how hard this is going to be.
But I would rather be excited than scared at this point.

My cute friend Kaylie brought over the cutest care package. 
It was filled with all sorts of "liquid diet" and post op goodies:
Nail polish, crystal light, pineapple gum, and other fun things.
In her own words: "There is no such thing as a 'yay surgery!' balloon".


I am so grateful that I have supportive people in my life. 
Almost everyone is so excited for me and knows that this is going to make my life better.
I am so grateful for that. 

Here is the official "before" photo as taken by my nurse:
excuse the gross Dr.'s office lighting and the funny way this photo is framed

See you on the other side folks! 
(get it? May 4th....) 

Post a Comment