One week surgiversary reflections

May 11, 2015


One week down, 
an entire lifetime to go.

Its definitely been an interesting week to say the least.
-it felt fairly short because the hospital experience seemed so fast
- I also slept through a lot of this week
-This week definitely had it's ups and downs.  It was filled with gratitude and frustration. 
-I hated that I couldn't sleep on my side. Luckily the last two nights I have been able to. :)
- I am super dehydrated right now. I'm trying to work on this but it can be hard when it hurts to ingest just about everything. Including water.
-I've hated going to bed because waking up is awful. I'm usually in a lot of pain because my medication has worn off, and its painful to get out of bed. It seems to get easier everyday  though
-I am probably also malnourished. Another thing I am working on. Again, its hard to ingest anything, and I rarely have an appetite, so usually I am just force feeding myself 3 spoonfuls of soup. 
- Today I went outside for the first time all week. It felt good to sit outside while my mom worked in the yard.
-I also have had a lot more energy today than usual. This is great. Being up, and around the house, taking a shower (which is surprisingly exhausting), and spending sometime outside felt really good.
- It's hard for me to be patient in general, but especially during the recovery process. 
- I've been eating only liquids for exactly 3 weeks now. That's almost an entire month. I am proud that I have not cheated, not even once, but man oh man am I BORED with liquid foods.
-I've been so grateful my doctor ordered me to take a month off of work. Even though I frequently get bored, and I am missing out on a lot of money, its so nice to not feel rushed getting better. 
This time is my time. 
- I don't know how I could have survived this week without my mom. I am so glad that she works from home and can literally lay in bed with me all day while she is working.  Literally any thing I need anything she is there for me. She is also awesome of keeping track of my meds since I'm usually too sleepy/ loppy to remember. 
-Here is a picture from when I finished a whole pudding cup 
#proud #hotmess

1 comment

  1. The costa vida menu - allmenuprices.com offers a huge variety of Mexican delicacies to choose from. The chain strongly believes in its slogan “made with passion, from scratch, every day” and proves the same with their flavorful cuisines and homely setting. With a pretty affordable menu, Costa Vida is known for providing a great Mexican dining experience in the comfort of your state.

    ReplyDelete