Starting Fresh

April 18, 2015

I'm the kind of girl who has struggled with her weight her whole life. 
To be completely honest, I'm not sure if I know any different. 
It's always been part of who I am- the fat girl. 
You know, no one WANTS to be the fat girl. 
But when you don't know anything else, you just kind of learn to live with it.
I've fluctuated- Oh how I've fluctuated. 
But finally enough has become enough.

I'm ready to start fresh, 
to change forever,
and I've decided to document it. 

In two short weeks, I will have life changing surgery-
Gastric bypass
In which they basically scrape out my innards 
and leave me with a stomach the size of my thumb. 
Rad. 

As I've researched this, 
I was hoping to find someone else's story 
who could warn me of what was to come,
where I could read their life changing experience 
and get excited for mine
but I didn't find much. 

Gastric Bypass apparently is embarrassing
apparently we're not supposed to talk about it,
let alone make it a public affair,
but you know what I say?
Screw it. 

If my experience can motivate someone else's 
or even just the creative outlet that I will need
let that be. 

Now lets be honest here:
I'm not a writer.
I'm not a health professional.
I don't even have my life together
I'm just a girl,
making some changes 
and seeing some changes,
and this is my tale of transition. 

1 comment